Dale W. Greer DDS in Dallas, TX offers porcelain veneers to beautify patient smiles that are discolored, chipped, misaligned or oddly shaped. Made of high-quality, biocompatible ceramic, veneers create a renewed cosmetic look that’s durable and long-lasting.
Have you heard of porcelain veneers but don’t know much about them? Dallas porcelain veneers–also called dental laminates– are a great dental option to improve the aesthetics of healthy teeth that have stains, chips, cracks, pits or odd shapes. An irreversible, but conservative, dental procedure, ultra-thin, tooth-colored veneers are bonded to the front side of teeth to give great color and form to one or more teeth.
North Dallas porcelain veneers offer many benefits
Dale W. Greer DDS can include porcelain veneers in a cosmetic treatment plan when appropriate. He has found that his patients do well with the procedure and praise the results.
After examining a patient’s teeth and determining that veneers are a good choice for cosmetic improvement, Dr. Greer discusses the patient’s smile goals and how veneers can help him or her achieve them.
Their many benefits include:
- high quality material The ceramic is a medical-grade porcelain– translucent, strong and compatible with teeth and gum tissue.
- custom-fit Greer prepares the patient’s teeth by removing a thin sliver of enamel (½ mm). Most people need no anesthetic for this procedure. He sends impressions to a lab where a ceramist sculpts individual veneers according to the impressions and Dr. Greer’s treatment plan. Each patient’s veneers are different from any others.
- quick fit During the second dental appointment, Dr. Greer bonds the customized veneers to the teeth, adjusting them for fit, bite and color, too. He can change the shade of the laminate cement to perfectly blend the veneers with neighboring teeth. Patients adjust well to the veneers and any residual tooth sensitivity resolves within just a few days.
- durability Though thin, the laminates are very strong and last for 5 to 10 years or beyond with good oral hygiene at home and regular dental check-ups and cleanings. Plus, dental laminates resist stains from beverages, foods, smoking and other factors.
- beauty Veneers cover the imperfections that have bothered people for years, and the result is natural-looking, too. The American Academy of Ceramic Dentistry calls veneers “life-like.”
- versatility Greer may use Preston Hollow veneers together with other cosmetic improvements such as teeth whitening, cosmetic bonding and cosmetic contouring to create the perfect smile zone.
Learn more about how North Dallas veneers can give you a stunning new smile
Dr. Dale Geer and his friendly team want each of their patients to have the brightest and healthiest smile possible. Combining the strong foundation of general and restorative dentistry with the artistry of cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Greer delivers outstanding dental services that are praised by his patients and colleagues alike. Contact the Dallas office today!